Traffic impacts on Broadway at California St. as rehabilitation work progresses | Transportation
DENVER, CO — Thursday, July 7, 2011 — As part of the Better Denver Bond Program, Denver Public Works and hired contractor Parsons and Lawson Construction continue to make improvements on the Broadway Rehabilitation Project. Currently, construction is taking place on Broadway between Welton Street and Park Avenue. Due to this work, the following closure will take place beginning Friday, July 8, 2011:
- Major road work will take place at the intersection of Broadway and California Street. California will be closed between 19th and 21st Streets beginning Friday morning at 8 A.M. Local access will be allowed between 19th and 21st Streets, via California Street. California is expected to reopen by 3 P.M. on Monday, July 11.
The Broadway Reconstruction Project will rehabilitate 4,900 linear feet of curb, gutter and sidewalk, and replace 24,000 square yards of existing asphalt road with concrete pavement. The traffic signals on Broadway at the intersections of California, Stout and Champa Streets will also be replaced as part of this project. Additional upgrades include bulb-out crosswalks, installation of new crosswalk buttons and signs, and improvements to the curb ramps.
The project is anticipated to conclude in October of this year. All construction is weather dependent and the public’s patience during construction is greatly appreciated.
For visuals and more information on the Broadway Rehabilitation Project from Welton Street to Park Avenue West visit: www.denvergov.org/broadwayparkwelton.
The City & County of Denver’s Better Denver Bond Program works to preserve, renovate and create amenities that touch citizen’s lives – including roads, libraries, parks, recreation centers, child care sites, hospitals, city buildings and cultural facilities. Approved by voters in 2007, the bond program is generating millions of dollars for the economy, preserving and creating jobs and making Denver a more attractive place to live, work, and invest in the future. For more information about the Better Denver Bond Program, visit www.denvergov.org/betterdenver.
Top Downtown - LoDo Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Safeway 5th Annual Media Bagging Challenge Competition Kicks Off Fundraising Campaign
- Old pipes made young again
- One-of-a-kind boutique opens March 24 in Cherry Creek North
- Denver announces the winners of the “I Heart My Purple Recycling Cart” photo contest
- Denver Police will actively enforce underage drinking laws this weekend
- 2 arrests made in Washington Park crime spree; Police warn residents to stay alert
- Washington Park residents say houses are being marked for burglary
- Woman escapes from man accused of exposing himself, then grabbing her
- Groper attacks sixth woman in Denver
- Vehicle backs into popular south Denver restaurant