Denver Public Works to Begin Repaving Operations On Alameda Avenue | Transportation
DENVER, CO — Friday, July 22, 2011 — As part of the Annual Street Maintenance Paving Program, Denver Public Works will begin a two week repaving operation on Alameda Avenue between Broadway and University Boulevard beginning Monday, July 25.
Milling and paving operations will be completed in two phases. In the first phase, the top two inches of pavement will be removed with large equipment that grinds the asphalt down. In the second phase, which will be completed the day after phase one, a new layer of hot asphalt will be laid. During both phases daytime lane restrictions will be in place to create a safe work environment. Sidewalks will also be open for pedestrian traffic.
Work will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end by 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Lane closures and temporary detours will impact traffic, thus Denver Public Works encourages the public to utilize 6th and 8th Avenue as an alternate route. After work is completed each day, traffic control will be removed on those affected blocks.
Repaving operations are scheduled to being on Monday, July 25, and are expected to be completed by Friday, August 5. All construction is weather dependent and the public’s patience and cooperation during construction is greatly appreciated.
Top Downtown - LoDo Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Safeway 5th Annual Media Bagging Challenge Competition Kicks Off Fundraising Campaign
- Old pipes made young again
- One-of-a-kind boutique opens March 24 in Cherry Creek North
- Denver announces the winners of the “I Heart My Purple Recycling Cart” photo contest
- Denver Police will actively enforce underage drinking laws this weekend
- 2 arrests made in Washington Park crime spree; Police warn residents to stay alert
- Washington Park residents say houses are being marked for burglary
- Woman escapes from man accused of exposing himself, then grabbing her
- Groper attacks sixth woman in Denver
- Vehicle backs into popular south Denver restaurant