Denver Public Works to Begin Repaving Operations On Alameda Avenue | Transportation
DENVER, CO — Friday, July 22, 2011 — As part of the Annual Street Maintenance Paving Program, Denver Public Works will begin a two week repaving operation on Alameda Avenue between Broadway and University Boulevard beginning Monday, July 25.
Milling and paving operations will be completed in two phases. In the first phase, the top two inches of pavement will be removed with large equipment that grinds the asphalt down. In the second phase, which will be completed the day after phase one, a new layer of hot asphalt will be laid. During both phases daytime lane restrictions will be in place to create a safe work environment. Sidewalks will also be open for pedestrian traffic.
Work will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end by 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Lane closures and temporary detours will impact traffic, thus Denver Public Works encourages the public to utilize 6th and 8th Avenue as an alternate route. After work is completed each day, traffic control will be removed on those affected blocks.
Repaving operations are scheduled to being on Monday, July 25, and are expected to be completed by Friday, August 5. All construction is weather dependent and the public’s patience and cooperation during construction is greatly appreciated.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - LoDo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DPD issues 32 citations at 4/20 pot rally Saturday
- Don’t become a crime victim: Follow these 14 warm weather safety tips
- Denver Police detective placed on leave during investigation in Lakewood
- Reward offered for help finding church burglary suspect
- Inmate accidentally released from Denver Jail arrested again
- Police: Suspect in SE Denver church burglary arrested
- Denver Parks & Rec considering total ban on alcohol in Wash Park
- Wash Park residents on alert for men posing as security workers
- Reward offered for info on Obama swastika graffiti incidents near DU
- Homes, churches targeted for burglary in quiet Denver neighborhood