Sewer work to slow traffic at Broadway & Evans | News
DENVER — Prepare for slow traffic in the area of Evans and Broadway this weekend.
A large storm sewer at the intersection will be installed as part of the South Broadway Phase II project beginning at 7 p.m. Friday and ending Monday at 5:30 a.m.
Uniformed Denver Police officers will be in place to assist with traffic at the intersection, which will remain open with one through lane and a left turn lane in each direction.
The South Broadway Phase II rehabilitation project, funded by the 2007 Better Denver Bond, began April 2012. Improvements that have been made include widening Broadway up to six feet on both sides, the installation of a raised median and replacement of asphalt roadways with concrete.
Denver Public Works will finish the project with installation of new street lights and pedestrian lights at South Broadway and Yale Avenue and new sidewalks with streetscape and landscape improvements.
Completion of the 17 continuous blocks of reconstruction is anticipated for spring 2012.
For more information visit www.denvergov.org.
by Paula Vargas
Upcoming Events near Downtown - LoDo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ex-Marine draws outrage by ‘crucifying’ himself at Colorado Capitol
- DPD issues 32 citations at 4/20 pot rally Saturday
- Don’t become a crime victim: Follow these 14 warm weather safety tips
- Denver Police detective placed on leave during investigation in Lakewood
- Reward offered for help finding church burglary suspect
- Police: Suspect in SE Denver church burglary arrested
- Denver Parks & Rec considering total ban on alcohol in Wash Park
- Wash Park residents on alert for men posing as security workers
- Reward offered for info on Obama swastika graffiti incidents near DU
- Homes, churches targeted for burglary in quiet Denver neighborhood