Sewer work to slow traffic at Broadway & Evans | News
DENVER — Prepare for slow traffic in the area of Evans and Broadway this weekend.
A large storm sewer at the intersection will be installed as part of the South Broadway Phase II project beginning at 7 p.m. Friday and ending Monday at 5:30 a.m.
Uniformed Denver Police officers will be in place to assist with traffic at the intersection, which will remain open with one through lane and a left turn lane in each direction.
The South Broadway Phase II rehabilitation project, funded by the 2007 Better Denver Bond, began April 2012. Improvements that have been made include widening Broadway up to six feet on both sides, the installation of a raised median and replacement of asphalt roadways with concrete.
Denver Public Works will finish the project with installation of new street lights and pedestrian lights at South Broadway and Yale Avenue and new sidewalks with streetscape and landscape improvements.
Completion of the 17 continuous blocks of reconstruction is anticipated for spring 2012.
For more information visit www.denvergov.org.
by Paula Vargas
Upcoming Events near Downtown - LoDo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Brothers enter guilty pleas in quintuple homicide at Fero’s Bar
- Police on the lookout for BUI: Boating Under the Influence
- Gun groups rally, hand out high-capacity mags on eve of new law
- Second boat accident in 2 days hospitalizes two people
- Safeway 5th Annual Media Bagging Challenge Competition Kicks Off Fundraising Campaign
- University of Denver warns about date-rape drugs after 3 assaults
- Police look for suspect in attack on female jogger in Denver
- Two Denver children missing for 24 hours found safe
- Residents sound alarm about possible imposter knocking on their doors
- 2 arrests made in Washington Park crime spree; Police warn residents to stay alert