Sewer work to slow traffic at Broadway & Evans | News
DENVER — Prepare for slow traffic in the area of Evans and Broadway this weekend.
A large storm sewer at the intersection will be installed as part of the South Broadway Phase II project beginning at 7 p.m. Friday and ending Monday at 5:30 a.m.
Uniformed Denver Police officers will be in place to assist with traffic at the intersection, which will remain open with one through lane and a left turn lane in each direction.
The South Broadway Phase II rehabilitation project, funded by the 2007 Better Denver Bond, began April 2012. Improvements that have been made include widening Broadway up to six feet on both sides, the installation of a raised median and replacement of asphalt roadways with concrete.
Denver Public Works will finish the project with installation of new street lights and pedestrian lights at South Broadway and Yale Avenue and new sidewalks with streetscape and landscape improvements.
Completion of the 17 continuous blocks of reconstruction is anticipated for spring 2012.
For more information visit www.denvergov.org.
by Paula Vargas
Top Downtown - LoDo Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Safeway 5th Annual Media Bagging Challenge Competition Kicks Off Fundraising Campaign
- Old pipes made young again
- One-of-a-kind boutique opens March 24 in Cherry Creek North
- Denver announces the winners of the “I Heart My Purple Recycling Cart” photo contest
- Denver Police will actively enforce underage drinking laws this weekend
- 2 arrests made in Washington Park crime spree; Police warn residents to stay alert
- Washington Park residents say houses are being marked for burglary
- Woman escapes from man accused of exposing himself, then grabbing her
- Groper attacks sixth woman in Denver
- Vehicle backs into popular south Denver restaurant