Metro area moms treated to Mother’s Day makeover | News
DENVER — Makeovers by Ergun’s team in the Highlands are quickly becoming a Mother’s Day tradition for women who use the Denver Children’s Advocacy Center. The center helps women and children who are victims of domestic violence and abuse.
“We just think at this time of the year it is right to help women by giving them a full makeover and some pampering,” said Ergun Tercan, who owns the European Salon. “Our team is committed to this effort and this year we will help give 40 moms a new look for their very special day!”
Ergun’s team of 25 specialists take-on all moms offering make-up, haircuts and color, along with spa type massages. The hope is that these moms can feel good about their makeovers with Mother’s Day coming this weekend.
“For me, with five children, pampering myself is the last thing on my mind,” said Mary Ryan, who is Lakota. “For us we don’t cut our hair unless somebody dies, so I’m not letting her cut too much.”
Other moms opted in because their kids told them about the project.
“These women need to feel good about themselves and this opportunity provided by Ergun and his team is a wonderful way to make that happen,” said Gizane Indart, who heads up DCAC.
In all, about 40 women got pampered in the Highlands, what a neat treat for these hard working moms.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - LoDo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DPD issues 32 citations at 4/20 pot rally Saturday
- Don’t become a crime victim: Follow these 14 warm weather safety tips
- Denver Police detective placed on leave during investigation in Lakewood
- Reward offered for help finding church burglary suspect
- Inmate accidentally released from Denver Jail arrested again
- Police: Suspect in SE Denver church burglary arrested
- Denver Parks & Rec considering total ban on alcohol in Wash Park
- Wash Park residents on alert for men posing as security workers
- Reward offered for info on Obama swastika graffiti incidents near DU
- Homes, churches targeted for burglary in quiet Denver neighborhood