Man charged in Lodo hit-and-run | News
DENVER – The man accused of hitting two pedestrians and then leaving the scene of the accident in lower downtown Denver earlier this month has been formally charged.
Brandon Mondragon, 21, is charged with two counts of leaving the scene of an accident and two counts of careless driving resulting in injury.
The charges allege that Mondragon was driving on 20th Street in the early morning hours of October 3, 2010, when he hit two pedestrians who were in the crosswalk at Chestnut and then fled the scene. Denver police detectives were able to identify Mondragon as a suspect and his car was later found in Westminster. The victims, a 26-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman, were seriously injured.
Mondragon has been released from custody on a $10,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in Denver County court on October 27, 2010, to be formally advised of the charges.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - LoDo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Don’t become a crime victim: Follow these 14 warm weather safety tips
- Denver Police detective placed on leave during investigation in Lakewood
- Reward offered for help finding church burglary suspect
- Inmate accidentally released from Denver Jail arrested again
- Morey Middle School lockdown lifted following gun scare
- Police: Suspect in SE Denver church burglary arrested
- Denver Parks & Rec considering total ban on alcohol in Wash Park
- Wash Park residents on alert for men posing as security workers
- Reward offered for info on Obama swastika graffiti incidents near DU
- Homes, churches targeted for burglary in quiet Denver neighborhood