Man charged in Lodo hit-and-run | News
DENVER – The man accused of hitting two pedestrians and then leaving the scene of the accident in lower downtown Denver earlier this month has been formally charged.
Brandon Mondragon, 21, is charged with two counts of leaving the scene of an accident and two counts of careless driving resulting in injury.
The charges allege that Mondragon was driving on 20th Street in the early morning hours of October 3, 2010, when he hit two pedestrians who were in the crosswalk at Chestnut and then fled the scene. Denver police detectives were able to identify Mondragon as a suspect and his car was later found in Westminster. The victims, a 26-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman, were seriously injured.
Mondragon has been released from custody on a $10,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in Denver County court on October 27, 2010, to be formally advised of the charges.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - LoDo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Brothers enter guilty pleas in quintuple homicide at Fero’s Bar
- Police on the lookout for BUI: Boating Under the Influence
- Gun groups rally, hand out high-capacity mags on eve of new law
- Second boat accident in 2 days hospitalizes two people
- Safeway 5th Annual Media Bagging Challenge Competition Kicks Off Fundraising Campaign
- University of Denver warns about date-rape drugs after 3 assaults
- Police look for suspect in attack on female jogger in Denver
- Two Denver children missing for 24 hours found safe
- Residents sound alarm about possible imposter knocking on their doors
- 2 arrests made in Washington Park crime spree; Police warn residents to stay alert