Man charged in Lodo hit-and-run | News
DENVER – The man accused of hitting two pedestrians and then leaving the scene of the accident in lower downtown Denver earlier this month has been formally charged.
Brandon Mondragon, 21, is charged with two counts of leaving the scene of an accident and two counts of careless driving resulting in injury.
The charges allege that Mondragon was driving on 20th Street in the early morning hours of October 3, 2010, when he hit two pedestrians who were in the crosswalk at Chestnut and then fled the scene. Denver police detectives were able to identify Mondragon as a suspect and his car was later found in Westminster. The victims, a 26-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman, were seriously injured.
Mondragon has been released from custody on a $10,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in Denver County court on October 27, 2010, to be formally advised of the charges.
Top Downtown - LoDo Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Safeway 5th Annual Media Bagging Challenge Competition Kicks Off Fundraising Campaign
- Old pipes made young again
- One-of-a-kind boutique opens March 24 in Cherry Creek North
- Denver announces the winners of the “I Heart My Purple Recycling Cart” photo contest
- Denver Police will actively enforce underage drinking laws this weekend
- 2 arrests made in Washington Park crime spree; Police warn residents to stay alert
- Washington Park residents say houses are being marked for burglary
- Woman escapes from man accused of exposing himself, then grabbing her
- Groper attacks sixth woman in Denver
- Vehicle backs into popular south Denver restaurant