Man charged in Lodo hit-and-run | News
DENVER – The man accused of hitting two pedestrians and then leaving the scene of the accident in lower downtown Denver earlier this month has been formally charged.
Brandon Mondragon, 21, is charged with two counts of leaving the scene of an accident and two counts of careless driving resulting in injury.
The charges allege that Mondragon was driving on 20th Street in the early morning hours of October 3, 2010, when he hit two pedestrians who were in the crosswalk at Chestnut and then fled the scene. Denver police detectives were able to identify Mondragon as a suspect and his car was later found in Westminster. The victims, a 26-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman, were seriously injured.
Mondragon has been released from custody on a $10,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in Denver County court on October 27, 2010, to be formally advised of the charges.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - LoDo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Neighbors help police catch accused burglars in Park Hill
- Police investigate homicide at Humboldt and Colfax in Denver
- Potholes start opening up in Denver streets earlier than usual
- Crime alert: 4-5 suspects wanted for string of violent street, store robberies
- Fire officials: 1 injured in Cap Hill apartment fire
- Wash Park residents on alert for men posing as security workers
- Reward offered for info on Obama swastika graffiti incidents near DU
- Homes, churches targeted for burglary in quiet Denver neighborhood
- University of Denver warns about date-rape drugs after 3 assaults
- Police look for suspect in attack on female jogger in Denver