Goodwill to host fashion show & clothing swap featuring Mondo from Project Runway | Arts & Culture
In fashion, one day you’re in, the next day you’re out. Celebrity designer Mondo Guerra of Project Runway fame is definitely in these days. On February 10, Mondo will join Goodwill Industries of Denver for an evening of fashion and fundraising at the Good Exchange Fashion Show & Swap, from 5:30pm to 8:30pm at Infinity Park Events Center in Glendale. Guests will get a sneak peek at some of Denver’s up-and-coming young fashion designers during the evening’s fashion show, which will feature designs by students from Goodwill’s youth programs in local high schools. Mondo, who got his start shopping in Denver-area thrift stores, will also create an original design using repurposed Goodwill clothing to be auctioned off during the evening’s festivities.
“Goodwill is thrilled to partner with Mondo for this exciting event,” says Goodwill Industries of Denver spokesperson Jeni Anderson. “Having the support of a designer of Mondo’s caliber is incredibly exciting for everyone here at Goodwill, and the fact that he grew up here in Denver makes it all the more meaningful. We are so grateful he has thrown his support behind Goodwill’s mission of creating a strong, sustainable community.”
To register for the event, please visit www.goodwilldenver.org/exchange. Pre-registration is $10 until February 8, and $15 at the door. Guests are asked to bring ten items to swap with other attendees. All proceeds from the event will benefit Goodwill’s community programs, which help more than 36,000 individuals in our community..
About Goodwill Industries of Denver:
Goodwill Industries of Denver seeks to reverse the cycle of poverty for at-risk youth, struggling families and individuals with disabilities. When you shop or donate at Goodwill thrift stores, you help create opportunities for over 30,000 individuals each year to change their lives, while building a strong, sustainable community. Discover the good at www.goodwilldenver.org.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - LoDo
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Brothers enter guilty pleas in quintuple homicide at Fero’s Bar
- Police on the lookout for BUI: Boating Under the Influence
- Gun groups rally, hand out high-capacity mags on eve of new law
- Second boat accident in 2 days hospitalizes two people
- Safeway 5th Annual Media Bagging Challenge Competition Kicks Off Fundraising Campaign
- University of Denver warns about date-rape drugs after 3 assaults
- Police look for suspect in attack on female jogger in Denver
- Two Denver children missing for 24 hours found safe
- Residents sound alarm about possible imposter knocking on their doors
- 2 arrests made in Washington Park crime spree; Police warn residents to stay alert